Owwie.

Okay... so there is obviously no age limit on falling off your bike and getting hurt. Nothin' like an experience of this sort to make you feel for every crying 4-year-old you see on the sidewalk.

I went to pick up Josh at work yesterday and on the way back I took a turn much too fast. The turn, as I knew, banked hard to the right then hard to the left, all at an incline... and right out of an underpass. I thought I'd try to avoid the creep up hill as well as downshifting and go at it with ramming speed. What I foolishly did not anticipate was someone else coming down the middle of the path. Given the poor visibility from the underpass & sharp turns, he and I did not see eachother.

It's probably good to note here that I had just pumped my tires nice and tight.

I went down to avoid hitting this poor bloke on his way home from work like Josh, no doubt. Those nicely inflated tires just whipped right out from under me! I was sent sliding on my right side, and he came off his bike upright (bike went down, he was still standing).

Everyone is fine. I'm a little shaken, but the bikes are both fine and he wasn't angry or anything. He was very nice actually. Josh and I rode off our direction and he rode off on his.

When I got home, however, and started to clean up the adrenaline wore off and I was in pain!! Huge spot of road rash on the front of my right shin, another on the bottom of my right forearm and I seemed to have jammed my shoulder pretty well, too. Nothing that won't heal in a week or so, but ouch! God bless Neosporin with Pain medicine... and advil.

Some things you're never too big for, I guess.

Comments

Popular Posts