Happy Valentine's Day

Okay, so we're not really doing anything for Valentine's Day, but it makes for a good title.

My new job is going great! I thought the drive would make me miserable (40-45 min on a windy mountain road), but each morning I'm just in awe of how gorgeous it is up there, and can't wait until this summer when I can do it with the top down on the car. I see lots of wild life, too - there is a herd of Bighorn Sheep I see at least once a week, and a pair of Red Fox I've seen a couple times now at the same place. I'm slowly meeting all the brides and learning their names and dates, as well as bringing on new ones! We'll see if I'm still singing praises this summer when we have 3-4 weddings a day, three days in a row, but for now I'm loving it.

Josh's company has had some major news this week: they have been purchased by PolyCom. His initial reaction was a little shell-shock, and given his past experiences with corporate take overs it's not surprising. However, it looks as though his department will remain in tact and may even have some growth! He'll finish the management training in an accelerated course, too.

Given all this good career news, we have good home news, too: We met with a realtor for the first time. Not too big a meeting, just a get-to-know-you-and-what-you're-about kinda thing. We're very comfortable with him and I think he'll help us find just the right first home. Check back for updates!

My sister has arrived in Boulder! She got here in mid-January and is loving it! Josh and I are totally diggin' having her with us, too. We took her snowboarding her first weekend. She had an all-day lesson at Keystone, and was all smiles on the way home. She's done a little exploring downtown, and been hiking in Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park, too! One of the best hikes we've done together was Sugar Loaf Mountain near Boulder - we got a 360 view of the plains, the mountains and the foothills.
After the fun part came the work part. It didn't take her long to find, not one but, three job offers! She's taken one part-time for now, and will accept a second when the wedding season picks up next month or so. The third will likely be turned down, although its the one she wants most, as the pay and the hours do not justify the drive. She's still got a couple weeks to work that out though, and Josh and I really hope it does.

Comments

Popular Posts