Babies & Springtime in Titusville, PA

If you haven't heard:  Kaity & Abe are having a baby!  And the next big announcement:  it's a girl!!  The parents-to-be and their families couldn't be more excited.  And how do you celebrate a coming bundle of joy?  With a shower!  Kaity decided she wanted it in Titusville so her dearest friends and family could be part of the celebration!

Van and Wes were quite bummed not to make the trip with us - they love any chance to see Nana & PopPop.

The flights started out with a double pat-down for the pregnant lady (she's suspicious looking) and an insult for me (the TSA person thought I was Kaity's mother), but otherwise wasn't bad at all.  We were very happy to see Kurtis at Cleveland airport and get on the road.

We were greeted at The Irwin's with a back yard full of family!  Aunts, uncles and cousins, all of whom rarely get together any more, were all there.  I couldn't get the smile off my face - it was soooooo wonderful to see them all again!

The next day Mom, Kait and I got down to business putting the shower together.  The first part of that was really the fun part:  the diaper train!  The shower was to be held at the Perry Street train station, so something more than a diaper cake was deemed necessary.  It turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself, and was the center piece to the gift table.

The shower itself was tons of fun!  Mom planned a baby picture game that was a big hit - everyone brought a baby picture of themselves and had to guess whose picture went with what guest.  Some could be ruled out by the age of the picture, but others got quite tough.  I brought a Name game to the table - everyone wrote a baby name for each letter of the alphabet (in less than a minute).  There were some good names played, but no one put Kaity's choice on their list :-)
Weagraff Baby, showered with love!


Kait and I were only in town for a couple of days.  Saturday evening she got to spend some good, quality time with her two best friends who were in town for the occasion, Katrina & Tammy (ctr above) at the Sprague Brewery, and I got to do something I'd been looking forward to since booking the trip:  hang out with The Irwins on the Hill!  Beers, pretzels, campfire, kids gettin' dirty, lots of laughs - couldn't ask for more.

Sunday was family day - I got to go fishing with Dad and Greg first thing in the morning (well, I took pictures, they fished)!  I'd never gone out with Dad to the creek before, so this was quite special for me.  The lush green grass, bright morning sun and newly sprouted leaves all up and down the sides of Oil Creek smelled sooooooo good -fresh with a zephyr of nostalgia.  The fish weren't biting, but I learned LOTS of Oil Creek entomology from the Doctor and the Professor.
Fly fishing on Oil Creek

When Dad and I got back to the house the four of us drove out through Edinboro to Campbell Pottery, then came home to assemble a big picnic at Petroleum Center.  One last stop at Camp Blackstone and a quiet evening at home and it was time for Kaity and I to say goodbye again.

As always, it seemed to fly by.  However, we'll see Nana & PopPop, Kurt & Lindsay out here in 'Rado in just a couple weeks.  We're all going to caravan up to spend a few days in Yellowstone Nat'l Park!  Stay tuned....

Comments

Popular Posts