Zoo Day!

Wesley, Van and Brody
We had a spectacular day out at the Denver Zoo with our friends, The Bayons.  It was bloody hot, but the boys all piled in a wagon and never complained!  We saw the new snow leopard kitten and the new baby zebras.  I think Wes was most excited to follow one of the peacocks around for a while though.

Another point that made our day so special was that Wesley was in underwear!  That's right:  potty training time!  We had started the Monday prior, and this was a test for everyone - to be gone from the house and in underwear all day (he runs around pantless at home).  He didn't have a single accident all day - Mom and Dad are very proud of him.  There will be accidents to come, but this was a big step in the right direction.

An exciting event for me was that Mike's Camera had roving posts of zoom lenses - those giant things you see sports photographers using on the sidelines.  At a few different enclosures they had two large Nikon and two Canon lenses set up on tripods.  I could just walk up and attach my camera body and take all the pictures I wanted.  It was pretty sweet!  When I asked the Mike's rep at the giraffe enclosure how much the lenses ran he said he actually didn't know, but somewhere in the $12k range.  Whew!!  What gave Josh and our friends a laugh was that a little while later I found one of their lens covers in my pocket.  Oops!  I rushed back and caught them at the zebra pen.  When I showed the two Mike's guys why I'd come back they got a kick out of it, too.  ha!

I managed to catch the tiger right before he jumped down from his perch, a very close up shot of the zebra "Dad" and one of the giraffes.  The peacock shot is with my little 18-55mm lens - the others are with a 400 lens.
 




Train and carousel rides for the kiddos and dinner at Quaker Steak & Lube ended a wonderful outing for everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts