Ladies Cookin' Up a Storm!


My friend Chris and I had a 'Girl's Night Out' at the Escoffier Cooking School in Boulder last night.  It was a blast!  This was a birthday gift from her husband for her, and it was such a good idea.

Chef Carlos was our guide for the experience.  The menu was Latin:  Homemade Flour tortillas, Roasted Poblano Guacamole, Guajillo Chile Sauce, Marinated Skirt Steak Fajitas, Cilantro Lime Rice and Sopaipillas with Honey-Cinnamon Butter.

There were only 7 ladies in the class, so we all teamed up to take a course or two.  Chris and I opted to do the fajitas.  She prepped the marinade (spices, lime, balsamic - yum!) and I was in charge of prepping the steaks.  If the idea for the night was to step out of your comfort zone.... I did.  This is usually the step at home that is handed to Josh - and he's quite good at it!  Well, I must have picked up some skills over years of watching because Chef said they looked beautiful.  Yeah!  After the meat was set to marinate we helped on a few other dishes, but otherwise enjoyed a glass of wine or two waiting for our skillets and grills to get hot, hot, hot.

Wow!  How those line cooks in kitchens across the globe stand there in front of that rocket-hot grill night after night I'll never know.  Yikes!  After some close coaching as we watched for doneness, we delivered gorgeous skirt steaks done three ways.

The dinner was fabulous!  Everything was just delicious.  Chris and I are already talking about doing another class here, maybe with the guys?

Comments

Popular Posts